Partition Attorney in La Verne, California

Partition Lawyer La Verne Los Angeles California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Action Lawyers in La Verne

A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes allow co-owners to divide the property either by agreement or by court order. If the co-owners cannot agree on how to divide the property, then the court will divide the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any partition of the property must be in accordance with the laws of the state of California. The legal effect of the partition statutes is that it provides a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide their property without having to go through the court system. The valuable real estate in La Verne often creates disagreements between co-owners that can only be solved by a Los Angeles partition attorney skilled in the judicial procedures in Los Angeles County.

  • Are there ways to make my partition action less expensive? There are numerous ways to obtain a less expensive partition action in California. For example, having your documents organized can ensure you don’t have to pay your attorney to go through a disorganized mess to get the information they need.
  • How will the property be divided if a partition action is successful? In most partition actions, the property will be sold, rather than being divided. If the property is eligible for partition in-kind, the court can appoint a referee to prepare a report on dividing the property in a manner that does not damage the value of the fractional interests.
  • What are the different types of partition in California? Almost all partition actions are partition by sale, though partition in-kind allows the property to be divided, while a partition by appraisal allows the purchase by one-co-owner at an appraised value.
  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.

Los Angeles, Partition Action, Attorney, Lawyer;

Partition Actions in La Verne

Partition actions are common in the City of La Verne.

La Verne, California was founded in 1887 by Isaac Lord, a wealthy landowner from the East Coast. Lord purchased 4,000 acres of land in the San Gabriel Valley and named the area La Verne after his daughter, Verne. The area was initially used for citrus farming and ranching, but in the early 1900s, the citrus industry began to decline and the area was transformed into a residential community. The city was officially incorporated in 1906 and has since grown to become a thriving suburban community. Today, La Verne is home to the University of La Verne, a number of parks and recreational areas, and a variety of businesses and restaurants.

La Verne includes the zip code of 91750.

Partition Actions Under California Law

Shelton v. Vance

In the legal case of Shelton v. Vance, 106 Cal.App.2d 194 (1951), the issue was whether a partition of real property was valid. The plaintiffs, the Sheltons, owned a parcel of real property with their brother, the defendant, Vance. The Sheltons sought to partition the property, but Vance objected, claiming that the partition would be inequitable. The court found that the partition was valid, but that the Sheltons were not entitled to a partition of the property in the form they requested. The court held that the partition should be made in a manner that would be equitable to all parties, and that the Sheltons should not be allowed to benefit from the partition at the expense of Vance.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of La Verne, California

Contact Experienced Partition Attorney Scott Talkov

(909) 577-3300

Experienced California Partition Attorney Serving La Verne

When faced with a disagreement with your co-owner regarding the sale of your property in La Verne, our partition attorneys in Los Angeles County are here to safeguard your rights and expedite the resolution process through court intervention. With extensive expertise in resolving co-ownership disputes in La Verne, California, we can assist you in unlocking the value of your property. To schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation with one of our dedicated partition attorneys at Partition Los Angeles, simply reach out to us via phone at (909) 577-3300 or complete an online contact form.

Our La Verne partition attorneys also serve the nearby areas of San Dimas, Claremont, Pomona, Glendora, and Upland.