Partition Attorney in Atwater Village, California

Partition Lawyer Atwater Village Los Angeles California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Action Lawyers in Atwater Village

California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property. The valuable real estate in Atwater Village often creates disagreements between co-owners that can only be solved by a Los Angeles partition attorney skilled in the judicial procedures in Los Angeles County.

  • Can I still file a partition if my co-owner has filed for bankruptcy? Yes, the partition action can generally be filed in the bankruptcy court or the bankruptcy court can apply state partition law to allow offsets when the co-owned property is sold by the bankruptcy trustee.
  • What is a partition action and when is it necessary?
  • Do I need to go to court to win a partition action? While the partition action must be filed with the court, partition actions rarely involve a trial in which the co-owners appear at court. This means it is extremely unlikely that you will need to step foot in a courtroom. Most partition work is done by motion practice involving tentative rulings with little interaction between the court and the attorneys, let alone the co-owners.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • Can heirs force the sale of property? Heirs can force the sale of real property in California once that property is distributed to them. However, sometimes, the property is still held in a trust where the trustee will sell the property. When there is no trust, the probate court may decide that the probate administrator will sell the property before it is distributed in fractional interests to the heirs.

Los Angeles, Partition Action, Attorney, Lawyer;

Partition Actions in Atwater Village

Partition actions are common in the Atwater Village neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles.

Atwater is a neighborhood in Los Angeles, California, located in the northeast part of the city. The area was originally part of the Rancho San Rafael, a large Spanish land grant given to Corporal José María Verdugo in 1784. The area was later subdivided and developed in the early 20th century. The neighborhood was named after the Atwater Land and Water Company, which was founded in 1887 by Moses Sherman and Eli P. Clark. The company was responsible for the development of much of the area, including the construction of the Los Angeles Aqueduct in 1913. The neighborhood experienced rapid growth in the 1920s and 1930s, with the construction of many Craftsman-style homes. The area has remained largely unchanged since then, and is now a popular residential neighborhood.

Atwater Village includes the zip codes of 95301, 95342.

Partition Actions Under California Law

In the legal case of George v. Williams, Not Reported in Cal.Rptr., the partition issues revolve around the division of a piece of real estate owned by the parties. The plaintiff, George, is seeking to partition the property, which is owned jointly by both parties, into two separate parcels. The defendant, Williams, is arguing that the property should not be partitioned, as it would be detrimental to the value of the property. The court must decide whether to grant the plaintiff’s request for partition or to deny it, taking into consideration the potential impact on the value of the property.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Atwater Village neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles, California

Contact Experienced Partition Attorney Scott Talkov

(213) 933-3300

Experienced California Partition Attorney Serving Atwater Village

When faced with a disagreement with your co-owner regarding the sale of your property in Atwater Village, our partition attorneys in Los Angeles County are here to safeguard your rights and expedite the resolution process through court intervention. With extensive expertise in resolving co-ownership disputes in Atwater Village, California, we can assist you in unlocking the value of your property. To schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation with one of our dedicated partition attorneys at Partition Los Angeles, simply reach out to us via phone at (213) 933-3300 or complete an online contact form.

Our Atwater Village partition attorneys also serve the nearby areas of Glendale, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, Eagle Rock.